On October 10, 1893, two WELS seminary graduates, George Adascheck and John Plocher, volunteered to work among the Apache people. They arrive on October 10, 1893 in San Carlos on the San Carlos Apache reservation where they learned their permission to be there had not yet been approved by the military authorities. They left that post and pitched two tents about nine miles away at the fort at Peridot, where they gained permission to stay. Chief Cassadore graciously allowed them to use ten acres where the Peridot Lutheran Mission has been located ever since. Faithful Christians continue to come to the Peridot Lutheran Mission today to hear God's Word every Sunday in church and send their children to learn God's Word in the elementary school.
Located on the San Carlos Reservation in the town of Peridot, off of Hwy 70 on the same campus as the Peridot-Our Savior’s Lutheran School. Take Indian Highway 170 and go 1 mile north. We are on the left or West side.
1 Mile North on Hwy 170
Peridot, AZ 85542 -0118
Worship: 8 AM Sundays
Women in Christ: 6:30 pm Tuesdays twice a month
HS & Adult Bible Class: 9 AM Sundays
Bible Doctrine 101 Course: by appointment with the Pastor
Youth Group: Meets 1X a month for Bible and Activity. Contact Mr. Chris Mundstock to join.
Pastor Timothy Leistekow